I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm a Spurs fan. If anything I should be pulling against OKC. But, game 3 was tough to watch. I'm into lists now I guess (see my post regarding the movie Prometheus for another recent list). Here's what I took away from game 3 that makes me wonder if the NBA thinks their fans are stupid:
1. How does Kevin Durant have 5 fouls at the end of the game and 4 fouls in the 3rd quarter - he's not exactly known for his aggressive D is he?
2. Hardin and Collison end the game with 4 fouls each.
3. LaBron James had 1 foul in the game.
4. Joey Crawford was a referee.
5. The Heat shot 11 more free throws than OKC.
6. OKC shot 43% from the field, not too good right?
7. But the Heat shot a miserable 39% from the field.
8. Oh but the Heat shot 89% from the free throw line, 31-35.
9. That's right, 31 points from the charity stripe for the Heat, that should sound familiar to Dallas Mavericks fans from '06.
10. Only the Heat's big 3 were in double digits, and Bosh barely with 10 points but, guess what, they still won, I wonder how? See numbers 8 & 9 for the answer.
All that said, OKC only shot 22% from behind the three-point line and lost 91-85. The Heat are up 2-1 in the series meaning OKC really needs to win the next game (no, it's not a "must-win" game, a "must-win" game only occurs when, if a team loses, their season is over, talk to the Boston Red Sox from 2004). Essentially, if OKC gets even close to a fair shake from the refs and if they can shoot a half decent percentage from the field/three point land I still think OKC wins the series in 6.
Why do you hate King James?ReplyDelete